We’re bringing podcasting to work! 🎧
We're transforming the way companies build culture and community in a remote world.
We're helping top companies like Udemy, Mixpanel, and ServiceNow tap into the power of audio to inform and engage their employees in a format they love – no zoom fatigue or scheduling problems.
Why does it matter?
Because employees do their best work when they trust their leadership, feel connected to their colleagues, understand their company’s direction, and are motivated to contribute.
In 2020, more people listened to podcasts than ever before, so we're giving companies all the tools they need to leverage this wildly popular format to improve their internal communications, employee engagement, training, and onboarding.
Email, Slack, and Zoom are collaboration tools. They weren’t intended to be the cultural connective tissue for remote and hybrid teams. But Spokn is.
We’re creating a new category: Podcasting for work. It’s going well. 🚀
📈 Grew by over 500% since the end 2020
✒️ Already signed awesome customers like ServiceNow, Udemy, Podium, Mixpanel, & FabFitFun
💰 Backed by top investors like NEA, Y Combinator, Reach Capital, FundersClub, and others
🌟The Importance of Our Founding Designer
As our Founding Product Designer, you'll be responsible not only for product design but also branding and overall design direction of the company. You'll have the opportunity to work side by side with the CEO and Co-Founder to change the game for how companies build community and culture.
Companies like Udemy and Mixpanel use Spokn to create community and vanquish Zoom fatigue. Our product spans a mobile app, web player, admin portal, and integrations with standard workplace technologies. We care deeply about using beautiful, elegant, detail-driven design to ensure a positive experience for our current customers and customers of the future. This role is critical for the success of Spokn because our design is the clearest representation of who we are, and the work you do will be the foundation of everything that comes next. There are plenty of exciting challenges in this role.
This is an opportunity to join a well-funded, fast-growing startup as a founding team member. Your responsibilities, resources, and compensation will reflect that.
✅ Here’s what we’ll want you to do...
- Work closely with our Founders, Engineers, and Customer Success Team to strategically develop a product roadmap.
- Think about our product and company holistically and should be able to challenge the status quo, drive change, and inspire others to do so as well.
- Work through problems from definition and opportunity to shipping features to our customers.
- Lead and execute top-notch consumer UX solutions by planning and managing your work. Build and test prototypes with live data to quickly learn and iterate on designs.
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective information to support and communicate design decisions.
- Create, leverage, and organize design assets to maintain a consistent and cohesive design of the product.
🛠 We think this means you probably…
- Proven track record of envisioning and building high-quality products. (Mobile and web)
- Worked in all stages of the product design lifecycle, including user research, product strategy, wireframes, prototypes, documentation, and user testing.
- Demonstrated expertise in looking at problems from all angles: from the business perspective, from the user's perspective, from an engineering perspective.
- Experience designing products for multiple users (example: end-users/admins, buyers/sellers, etc.).
- Understand deep, technical problems and distill complex user workflows and business requirements into simple and beautiful design solutions.
- Have a portfolio of design projects that shows strong product design process and craft skills.
- Have experience working with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Comfortable with the ambiguity of an early-stage startup.
- Experience in designing both consumer and SaaS products.
- Experience with products that involve content creation.
- Worked at a hyper-growth startup.
Diverse and Inclusive Employer
We’re committed to providing equal treatment and opportunity to all applicants at every stage of the hiring cycle and throughout their life at the company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.
*Note: Research says men tend to apply even if they only meet ~60% of the job qualifications, whereas women and other marginalized groups are hesitant to do so. If you don’t match 100% of the job qualifications but think you’d be a great fit, we encourage you to apply!